Thanks to everyone who responded! Feedback is great. I am posting some of the responses I have received concerning mailorder brides, from the Usenet and from responses to Matthew's Pravda. Names have been shortened to intials in some cases, since not everyone would like to be so public about such a personal issue. Rights of privacy are ignored for Usenet responses since they already are public and available on DejaNews for eternity.
- A Foul Letter This is a classic. I got this one from someone in Texas, probably an address seller.
- Fraud and such This is a usenet conversation I started, about the potential legal hazards of mail order brides.
- A warning This is a warning I got aimed at all potential address buyers, from a one time address buyer, who lived to regret it.
- Warnings ignored This is a short note from a man who actually got a mail order bride to stay with him and thinks I could have too. I doubt it.
- Warning Signs This is a letter asking about the warning signs before and after marring a mail order bride.